CONTINUOUS OPERATION 35+ YEARS
MINISTRY & PURPOSE
Since 1984, Youth-Reach Houston has operated a full-service, Christ-centered residential program in northeast Houston designed to remold the values and turn around the lives of at-risk, troubled and delinquent boys ages 12 to 17.
The program was founded by Executive Director Curt Williams, who describes Youth-Reach as “a hospital for today’s damaged and discarded youth.” Set in a structure of a balanced family and home life, the goals of the program are to develop character, responsibility and a strong work ethic; heal past wounds; and restore families. Facilitated by screened, experienced and respected staff members, we are licensed by the Texas Department of Health & Human Services to operate a Group Residential Operation for juvenile males. As a a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and a member of The Evangelical Counsel for Financial Accountability (ECFA), we adhere to strict financial accounting guidelines.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
The staff of Youth-Reach holds firm to these core beliefs, which govern everything we do.
- We believe the Holy Bible, in its original form, to be the infallible Word of the living God. The Bible, in the Protestant canon, is a complete and accurate account of the life of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe salvation, eternal life in heaven and an abundant life on earth are possible only through a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. This relationship cannot be purchased or earned, but must be accepted through God’s grace following repentance from a life of sin.
- We believe in the Biblical account of our Lord Jesus’ virgin birth to be accurate and without question.
We believe that upon salvation, a person receives the complete indwelling of the Holy Ghost, being a third of the Trinity, which displays God’s attributes in a believer.
We believe in the triune makeup of God. This is displayed through the existence of God Almighty in the form of the Son (Jesus), the Holy Ghost and God the Father.
- We believe in the existence of Spiritual gifts, which are given to believers in accordance to their needs and calling.
- We believe in the ordinance of Baptism, in which a portrait of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus is projected. Baptism is an act of obedience, but does not bring about salvation, which must preclude this ordinance.
- We believe in the eventual return of Jesus at the End of the Age to gather His elect.
- We believe in the strict adherence to the Great Commission given by our Lord Jesus before His Ascension. We believe sharing our faith and leading others to our Savior to be of supreme importance. Any less is disobedience.
- We believe a Christian should live their life, both publicly and privately, to mirror the life, love and teachings of Christ.