If you’re looking for one of the most tax-savvy ways to give to Youth-Reach Houston (YRH), an easy and exciting option is the Donor-Advised Fund. These funds are investment accounts with the sole purpose of supporting a non-profit.
Here’s how a donor-advised fund benefiting YRH works:
Donors input some sort of asset into a donor-advised fund — and then they can immediately take a tax deduction. Then, using a range of investment options, the donor-advised fund grows… tax-free. Lastly, when the donors believe their fund is ready, they grant the money from their fund to Youth-Reach.
A donor-advised fund might be the right choice for you if…
- You need a flexible giving option because you have a wide variety of cash and non-cash assets.
- You want to want one of the most tax-advantageous options.
- You like investing, and want to grow even more dollars for charitable giving.
- Keeping a record of contributions to a fund sounds easier than keeping receipts of your charitable giving.
- You like the idea that, upon your passing, the fund can be passed on to YRH, an individual, or a combination of both.
What types of things can I give to a donor-advised fund?
- Appreciated assets such as stocks and securities.
- Private business interests like private equity, pre-IPO shares, or LLC interests
- Life insurance and retirement assets
How do I get started creating a donor-advised fund?
Contact us today to have a member of our leadership team walk you through this process.